Hello there. Desolation Angel Radio hit the airwaves on Tuesday night and we had us a time. It's anniversary week here at the show, and Wednesday is my 55th birthday, and there's that whole Thursday thing going on. It would have been tremendously easy to take the night off, phone this one in, do a "where it came from" or "best of" show with a playlist that I'd slapped together in 3 minutes. . .but that's not how I roll, nor is it how the show rolls. . .and as it turned out, if you haven't been listening lately, or if you want to get a flavor for what the show is, or want to turn a friend onto Desolation Angel Radio. . .this would be the one:
- The Rolling Stone - Tumbling Dice
- Cody Canada & The Departed - Worth The Fight
- Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - The Red, Red Dirt of Home
- Ray Wylie Hubbard - Train Yard
- Rosie Flores - Little But I'm Loud
- American Aquarium - Abe Lincoln
- Lilly Hiatt & The Dropped Ponies - Big Bad Wolf
- Bow Thayer - Wingless Angels
- Gretchen Peters - Woman On The Wheel
- Frank Turner - Reasons Not To Be An Idiot
- The Band (previously unreleased, straight off the boards at The Last Waltz) - The Weight
- Bruce - Atlantic City
Thanks to you, this show has an anniversary week. Thanks to you, these artists, these bands, these songs - all get more ears and more attention paid to what they're doing. Thanks to you, Desolation Angel Radio exists, and I thank you - personally, sincerely and from the bottom of my heart for making it what it is, and for supporting the show, and this type of music.
I had a friend (well, several friends, actually) who were listening last night, and said after it was over "this is the show, the episode I"m using to introduce people to the show, it rocked". Thank you. Share this as many ways as possible. Send the link in email, use the Share button. Share it on all your social media - on FB, on Twitter, on Google +, using email, but let's continue to spread the full tilt boogie, pedal to metal, balls out rock and roll gospel of the Desolation Angel.